Sunday, February 04, 2007

My favorite Seinfeld moments

No reason, really, but please comment with your own favorites.

Watley!...
J: Yeah, well, I don't trust this guy. I think he re-gifted, and I think he de-gifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp!

The golf ball and the whale...
G: The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli.

The busboy gets a visit...
Busboy: La puerta esta abierta! LA PUERTA ESTA ABIERTA!

Elaine on painkillers in Florida, meeting a friend of Jerry's mother...
E: STELLA! ... STELLA! (Obviously, you have to see it to appreciate.)

After Elaine takes an IQ test on George's behalf and bombs it amid distractions...
G: Oh hello, professor!

No other explanation needed for "The Contest"...
J: We have to do it, it's part of our lifestyle. It's like shaving.
E: Oh, that is such baloney. I shave my legs!
K: Not every day.

George on Jerry's new jacket:
G:
Can I say one thing to you? And I say this with an unblemished record of staunch heterosexuality. It’s fabulous.

Two moments that were all about the buildup and a bombshell from Kramer, and both make me laugh out loud every time I see them.
-The first: "The Nose", when George dates an otherwise pretty friend of Elaine's with a huge nose. Jerry and George talk at length about not fixating on it - they and Elaine are handling it delicately when the woman laments how intimidating she finds the throngs of beautiful New Yorkers. To which Kramer replies off-handedly, "You're as pretty as any of them. You just need a nose job."
-The second: "The Hamptons", after George goes off to run an errand and thus misses his girlfriend, with whom he has not even fooled around yet, walking around topless.
J: Boutros-Boutros Ghali!
Jerry and Elaine agree not to tell George and resolve to remind Kramer of the same. But Kramer returns to the beach house with lobster, much to George's delight, and before Jerry can intervene...
G: This is fantastic. Man, what a weekend. Swimming, lobster for dinner...
K: I know it's great. And I saw Jane topless.
Jerry is stricken, like he just missed catching a home run ball.

Ted Danson's salary relative to George's prospective cut from the pilot...
G: Who's he?
J: He's somebody.
G: Who am I?
J: You're nobody.
G: Why him, why not me?
J: He's good, you're not.
G: I'm BETTER than him!
J: You'rrrrre worse. ... Much, much worse.

Hennigan's...
J: Would you do me a favor? Would you take a drink and let us smell you?
K: You can smell me without the drink.

The four of 'em each take a crack at delivering "These pretzels are making me thirsty," and George's is melodramatically angsty...
G: What was wrong with that? I had a different interpretation! Do you know anything about this pretzel guy? Maybe he's been in the bar a really long time, and he's really depressed because he has no job and no woman and he's parking cars for a living.

The menage a trois. The following might be my favorite Seinfeld moment ever. Talk about "The Switch." George's lightning-fast transformation from incredulous and excited to incredulous and infuriated is ... I don't know, it's just friggin hilarious...
G: Do you ever just get down on your knees and thank God that you know me and have access to my dementia?
J: What are you talking about, I'm not gonna do it!
G: You're not gonna do it, whaddya mean you're not gonna do it?!?
J: I can't, I'm not an orgy guy!
G: ARE YOU CRAZY?!? This is like discovering plutonium, BY ACCIDENT!

5 Comments:

At 7:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

eric: i'm bored, what should i do before the superbowl?
duc: why don't you watch 12 hours of seinfeld then blog about it?
eric: great idea!

 
At 8:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://sports.aol.com/nfl/superbowlads

my favorite was the blockbuster mouse one. but overall, the ads were disappointing. yes, i did watch them all again after the game.

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger chuck zoi said...

My #1 seinfeld moment is definitely "the sea was angry that day my friends"

other favorites

Jerry: "I don't eat dinner. Dinner is for suckers."

George: "I was stripped to the waist and eating a block of cheese the size of a car battery"

David Puddy (Putty?): "You stole my Jesus fish!"

Kramer: "where did you learn to climb like that?"
Newman: "the pacific northwest!"

Kramer: "I woke up in the Hudson river in a SACK!"

The musical montage where George is pretending to be handicapped to work at PlayNow, specifically when he is tripping people with his cane.

Peterman: "I bet I got a coupon for it!"

Kramer: "Our eyes met across the crowded hat store. I, a customer, and she a coquettish haberdasher. Oh, I pursued and she withdrew, then she pursued and I withdrew, and so we danced. I burned for her, much like the burning during urination that I would experience soon afterwards."

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger chuck zoi said...

Once you start it is too hard to stop:


George gets all smart when he stops having sex:

"of course! absolute zero!"

Jerry's explanation to Elaine about why she gets stupid when she doesn't have sex: (something like this)

"for women, sex is like the garbage man. you take it for granted that if you put trash out, some guy in a jump suit is going to come pick it up. but now all your trash is piling up and your head is full of garbage."


angry russian writer: [with disdain] Americans... always running from something
Jerry: thats why I wear these sneakers!


Jerry: "and you want to be my latex salesman"

George: "I think I found a way to get Bonds and Griffey in the same outfiled and not even have to give up that much"

George: "The line is jerk store! I'm going with Jerk store! JERK STORE!!" [exit jerry's apt]

Elaine: You're telling me that 95% of the population is undateable?
Jerry: UNDATEABLE!!
Elaine: Then how are all these people gettin together?
Jerry: alcohol.

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger chuck zoi said...

dammit 1 more we can't omit:


Kramer/moviefone: "Why don't you just tell me the name of the movie you want to see?"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home