Sunday, December 03, 2006

RIP Giuseppe

I'll post some overdue updates on my life here later today or tomorrow, but first I want to remember Joe Cialini, 51, husband and father who died of cancer this week.

Joe and I worked together at the Courier-Post in Cherry Hill, N.J., for almost a year. He spent 15 years there as a reporter and editor, and he was a truly great guy. Perfect mix of work ethic and a light touch with his sense of humor.

I had to hit the ground running in Cherry Hill, thrust into a management role for a copy desk on which I was the youngest member, and Joe brought me into the fold and helped me from looking like a total idiot. He spoke often and glowingly of his wife and daughter, and though I never met them, I ache for them. Joseph, you are sorely missed.

The paper's remembrance is here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home