Friday, October 20, 2006

Auto baron parks ugly SUV in my spot and lives to slime another day

I worked a rare Sunday, so I have off today (Friday) as a result. I got home from grocery shopping and a bright-white Cadillac Escalade with a handicapped tag but no residential parking pass was in my spot, and a decent portion of the adjacent spot, too.

I was pissed. I asked the landlord to call the tow company or figure out whose it was. He did the latter, and it turned out it was Sam Swope's car. Sam Swope owns a bunch of auto dealerships in Louisville, and he was apparently next door at the school giving a speech or something and thought he could park in our lot.

I told the landlord, "It's a good thing I didn't key Sam Swope's car, you'd've found me in the river tomorrow." He laughed heartily but then walked briskly away.

Sam Swope, here's a thought: For somebody who owns car dealerships, where you have hundreds of vehicles PARKED in a specific pattern EVERY DAY, perhaps you could learn how and where to park your goddamn car.

3 Comments:

At 6:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Give the guy a break, you grumpy old man. It had a handicapped placard.

(I kid -- I would've towed it.)

 
At 4:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

just keying the car wouldn't have ended with you being fished out of the river. keying the car with evidence that you did it would probably just result in you getting a shitty APR on your next car, assuming you buy from sam swope. or perhaps some ugly thugs knocking on your door.

in any case... letting the air out of the tires is an equally aggravating yet not as destructive retaliation... i would have gone with that.

 
At 5:39 PM, Blogger Holly Cummings said...

Ooh, I like the idea of letting the air out of the tires! Never thought of that one before!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home