Monday, October 09, 2006

Bwaha

Some people are saying that Philadelphia's win yesterday erases any doubt about Donovan McNabb's ability to win a big game. And I'm one of those people, because it just doesn't get any more clutch than guiding a favored team to a home victory in Week 5. The "negative nellies" out there may want to talk about conference championship games and Super Bowls, but I say show me a quarterback who can beat a Drew Bledsoe-led team in early October, and I'll show you a champion.

... So says D.J. Gallo w/ ESPN.com. His stuff doesn't always resonate with me, but I wish I'd written that. Even though I think McNabb was stellar and the game was very important, it wasn't Armageddon.

2 Comments:

At 3:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well hey, I thought you did write it, until I got to your comments. Sounds like you, I guess.

 
At 6:50 PM, Blogger BookBabe said...

Ditto. I do agree that Philadelphia fans get "irrationally exuberant" about games that are, after all, just one of 16.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home