Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Doubleplusungood

-GWB is days away from outlawing U.S. bank transactions for online gambling purposes, and many sites have indicated they'll suspend activity for U.S. customers the moment he finishes scrawling his name on the bill.

So I've removed my money from the one account I have, and I sincerely doubt I'll reload, even if the law's effect becomes a bit clearer. I simply wouldn't feel safe with my money in a foreign escrow account that I can't access. Call me a control freak.

-Since I don't have a dog in the MLB playoff race, I'm pulling for my brother-in-law's dog, the Mets. But they've blown a three-run lead in the seventh inning, although it could be worse -- they tagged out two runners at home on the same play earlier in the game, three seconds apart. Jeff Kent ran too slowly, while J.D. Drew ran too fast behind him and thought the third-base coach was sending him home as well when he gave Kent the ol' windmill arm motion. High comedy.

-On a brighter note, the Lost premiere is tonight. I'll post a review afterwards, and I invite discussion from those of you who will be wrong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home