Monday, February 12, 2007

Hoops and trips

It's been two days of excellent college basketball news:
  • My alma mater, Maryland, beat our No. 1-with-a-bullet archenemy Duke by 12 points Sunday night. We're far from a lock for the tournament -- I think we're on the bubble -- but a win over Duke, even a crappier-than-usual Duke, will always stand out on a resume.
  • My adopted hometown team, Louisville -- another unranked bunch -- stomped all over fifth-ranked Pittsburgh on the road tonight. Thanks to Marty Schottenheimer getting canned in San Diego, it was only the second-shockingest sports development of the night, but it was a huge boost to the locals.
In other news, Holly and I are road-tripping to southwestern Virginia to help my sister, brother-in-law and baby niece move into their new digs. My parents will be there too, and I haven't seen any of them since Christmas, so I'm very excited.

Supposed to be some winter-mixy precipitation on Tuesday, but local weather dudes have been pretty off the mark of late, so I'll believe it when I see it.

1 Comments:

At 2:10 PM, Blogger BookBabe said...

Yay, Terps! Yeah, I know it's not like 2002, but it's still pretty sweet. And that was a huge shocker to beat Pitt.

Now if the Lady Whippets could just get that Schnure monkey off their backs! We enter the tournament ranked #12 in the District, so that means a home game which I'll miss because of the aforementioned moving of people to SW Va. Just crossing my fingers that they win that one so I get to keep the book for one more time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home