Wednesday, March 01, 2006

BORING

Bad episode of Lost tonight. I understand that the protracted suspense is smart TV-making, but they're reaching the point at which people will simply watch the teasers throughout the week and say:

"Oh, Claire and Kate are going into the jungle to find some bunker. If anything bad happened to them, they'd tease it, so clearly nothing happens. Oh, and there's some chatting with the prisoner? Well, if he incriminated himself or killed himself or escaped, they'd tease that, too. I'll be fine if I don't watch this week."

I watched anyway, but I was not surprised when nothing fun happened. C'mon guys, step it up next week.

6 Comments:

At 9:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree, although I was intrigued by whatever Mr. Ekko was going to do with the supposed "other" - turns out he wanted to APOLOGIZE for killing those guys? Also, it was KIND of interesting to see Ethan again. The ending was lame - trouble between Locke and Jack? Too soap-operish for me.

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger Etan said...

I have to disagree. I think that was one of the best episodes this week. The reason is that it advanced the story the most out of any so far this season. The only flashbacks were to things that happened on the island, so they didn't waste time with flashbacks that took place before the plane crash.

 
At 11:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am in total disagreement. I think this episode was one of the most exciting in a while.

I think the show goes wrong when it (along with every person on the island) seemingly forgets DHARMA and all the crazy mystery therein. This episode took us back to DHARMA, back to wondering who the others are and what their connection to DHARMA is, back to the total creepiness of the system of hatches and their still-unexplained larger purpose.

 
At 3:44 PM, Blogger E.S.C. said...

Never trust anyone over 25 to be right about Lost, I guess, eh Mom? Etan and Paige seem more vociferous than we.

 
At 10:29 PM, Blogger Holly Cummings said...

After catching Shannon singing "La Mer" at the end of tonight's dumb repeat, I googled it to get the French lyrics. I thought I got the wikipedia entry until I noticed random Lost references without any explanation. It turns out I was actually at the Lostpedia site -- how crazy! www.lostpedia.com

 
At 3:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The problem seems to be that you're watching "Lost" in the first place. Almost as good a show as "Surface." Both are right up there MTV's Laguna Beach (see the theme yet?)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home