Sunday, February 19, 2006

The longest shower of my life

That was at least 20 minutes. But it followed the coldest run of my life, in something like 22 degrees. The park is still snowy and icy in some stretches, and it was very weird that the last song my iPod spat out on shuffle before I left was "Running On Ice" by Billy Joel.

I can't take much more winter. It's so hard for me to start my runs slow when it's so, so cold. It's almost as if my body panics. Even today, I did a full stretch in the apartment before heading out, and I still whipped through two sub-7 miles at the start, entirely without meaning to. I slowed down later to finish at a 7:50 pace for 12 miles, but I was whupped at the end. Frustrating.

Anybody have any suggestions, other than to hibernate?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home