Friday, February 10, 2006

WHEW

I had a computer scare tonight. I thoughtlessly clicked on Windows Updates, installed XP Service Pack 2, and discovered that it sucked and was very slow. I discovered this a year ago and somehow forgot.

So I removed SP2 but then my computer wouldn't start Windows! It asked me for a password, which it hadn't done ever, and it wouldn't take anything I gave it, even no password. So I put in the Windows recovery disk, fully prepared to have to format the drive or something, but after 40 minutes it managed to fix whatever the hell was wrong and get me back to exactly where I was.

Anyway, it doesn't sound as daunting as it was. There's something about computer trouble that makes me irrationally upset, way more upset than I get at anything else. Maybe it's because I couldn't hack it as a compsci major and I switched to polisci, so I'm bitter.

All's well that ends with me being able to rank fantasy baseball free agents.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home