Sunday, February 05, 2006

Quite the busy Saturday

On my way to have Firestone perform a minor repair on my car, I was on the short end of a hit and run. Luckily, I wasn't hurt and the guy hit me square on from behind and it was only 10 mph or so, but I pulled over so we could exchange information and he took off.

An open letter to people.

Dear People,
You suck.

Cordially,
E.S.C.

So then I drew upon my wrath to bust out a 39:36 6-miler, probably the quickest pace for that far since cross-country training in high school. 6:36 pace per mile. Then hwong14 and I had a lunch date with other med school couples, meant to introduce med students' significant others to each other. So it looks like I'll one day soon be getting pedicures alongside a half dozen wives of future doctors.

Then I watched National Treasure -- quite a shallow movie, but good enough for Netflix -- and then we had a dinner party where everyone made their own pork dumplings and stuck forks in the same fish. And then we watched Grizzly Man, the documentary about a documentary being made about bears by a guy who eventually was eaten by a bear.

Sunday is a much more lightly planned day: Wake up around noon and watch the Super Bowl. Go Stullers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home