Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Random, random, random thoughts


  • Were Rachel and Monica really the hottest I've ever seen them at the beginning of the fifth season of Friends -- perhaps not so much in that picture -- or do I just think that because I'm comparing them to Phoebe, who was then "nine months pregnant"? Seriously, it wasn't long after that Rachel cut her hair short (bad move) and Monica grew hers long (bad move).
  • To the people who were forced to stand behind me in line at Qdoba immediately after I ran 5 miles and immediately before I showered, sorry.
  • Death Cab's new album is growing on me, Pinetop Seven is not as good as I hoped, I can't get into "K-Hole" on my Silver Jews album, Illinois by Sufjan Stevens is not getting old, but nothing beats finally putting 2Pac's Greatest Hits on my iPod and finding out it came off my scratched CD clean as a whistle. You know, see?
  • hwong sure is hwaving fun with medical school, by which I mean it occasionally makes her wish she never had the idea to become a doctor in the first place. She was involved in two childbirths on Sunday. The mothers were grateful, but a little confused when hwong swaddled their children in law-school pamphlets.
  • I'll miss wearing pajamas so much once it gets warm. It's the next-best thing to wearing an electric blanket as a toga. Actually, that sounds stupid, so wearing pajamas is the best thing. Hands down. Unless you're wearing a toga. In which case, hands up, and keep that puppy connected. Unless you're Rachel. Or Monica. From Season 5. (Best season, hands down.)
  • How's that urge to strangle me working out for you?
  • Check out these songs (in most cases, I love the song but could care less about anything else by the artist):
    • "Breathe Me", Sia
    • "Goodnight Moon", Shivaree
    • "Winter", Joshua Radin
    • "When I Get You Alone", Thicke
    • "Dreaming Of You", The Coral
    • "Brothers In Arms", Dire Straits
    • "Tuesday's Gone", Lynyrd Skynyrd
    • "Feeding The Fire", No Use For A Name
    • "Anti-Manifesto", Propagandhi
    • "Canned Heat", Jamiroquai
    • "Snow", Loreena McKennit
    • "Un Giorno Migliore", Luna Pop
    • "Tapin' Up My Heart", The Mr. T Experience

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home