Saturday, December 03, 2005

3 p.m. update

The first hour was the tale of two aces: a very bad one (and a very bad play by me), and a very good one.

After I crept from 2,500 chips to 3,000 w/ a couple of decent hands (66, QJ hits a QT9 board), I went for a blind steal w/ A2o, but was called in late position by a tough player and I didn't have the sense to give up the ghost and minimize my losses. I couldn't get rid of him, and crippled my stack. He and another good player picked off another steal by me (quickly given up to an impossibly scary board), so I figured my table image was suffering.

I got AKo in 4th position and raised three times the big blind, making it 120 to the guy who crippled me. He reraised another 200 and I called. Flop was K42 rainbow; I bet, he called. Turn was a 2; I bet bigger, he called. River was a J. I didn't think he was reraising me preflop w/ KJ and he's too aggressive to have waited this long with aces, so I went all-in, he called, and I won, back up to 3,200, which is where I sit now.

Players remaining: 4,230 (641 knocked out in the first hour)
My stack position: 1,253 of 4,230.
My stack: 3,200.
Average stack: 2,878.

Well, at least I got to post one update. In the second hour, since my table hasn't had much player turnover, I'll try to do better at picking on the softer players and avoiding the savvy ones.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home