Saturday, December 03, 2005

Tourney time

Just reread my post about Friday's run. I should go back and edit some sense into some of the non sequiturs, but I think it's more fun the way it is. It should certainly boost your (the reader's) confidence in your own writing, anyhow.

Today at 2 p.m. EST is the million-dollar freeroll online poker tournament in which I am. You like that syntax?

The pattern is 60 minutes of play, 5-minute break. Until the 5,000-player field is reduced to 10. Then those 10 will be flown to Barbados (I think) at a later date to finish the tournament on TV. Top 500 get paid, at least $50, but second through 10th pays $10,000 each, and the winner makes $1,000,000. Or, as the IRS likes to call it, nowhere near $1,000,000.

I could bust out in the first 10 minutes as the result of bad play (mine or someone else's), but as long as I last, I'll post updates on my stack size and interesting hands during each break. I'll have a top-notch mix playing on iTunes, a bottomless Brita filter, and a candle that smells like carrot cake. I can't miss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home