Saturday, September 10, 2005

Cherokee Park

Challah! I have found an idyllic place to run.

The Scenic Loop of Cherokee Park is a lot of hills, turns, and -- surprise! -- scenery. Woods, creeks, fields for frolicking and Frisbee ... I approve. The loop is 2.4 miles (frick, not a round number) and I have marked off 1 mile, 2 miles, and 3.1 miles (5K) from the most popular parking area. And even today, when I was detoured in the Highlands because of a festival on the streets, it took only 10 minutes to drive to the park.

Even though I swore I would only drive when absolutely necessary, it's not practical to run in my downtown neighborhood, what with all the lights and White Castles to hold you up.

ALSO: The Bluegrass Brewing Company, a two-minute (max) stagger from my building, features an 8.6% ABV beer called the Copulator.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home