Monday, September 05, 2005

To do: Run, run

In search of a good place to log some miles -- bluegrass, greengrass, chronic, whatthehellever -- I visited two parks today: Shawnee Park, a few miles to my west, and Iroquois Park, a few miles south.

Shawnee features a lot of grass and a few trees, accessible to drivers by a one-way loop throughout. It seemed decent enough to run in, but unkempt and not particularly scenic. Plus, there are a lot of lights to drive through on my way there. (I just have to put up with the fact that I have to drive somewhere to run, unless I want to run downtown and stop at every other light.)

Iroquois has a golf course (which would be great if I had a job) and one path sends you uphill all the way. It feels a little more secluded and definitely is more scenic.

I still haven't run in Cherokee Park, to the east, but I should get there tomorrow or Wednesday. It looks like the closest of the three.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home