Sunday, September 04, 2005

Puny Is Blogger

Fun Is Bowling. That's the sign outside the bowling alley I bowled at Friday night. Part Yoda, part delusion, that slogan is.

I bowled two games in a group of 14 people on two adjacent lanes. Most were med students, and at least one remarked, "Where are the ... you know ... " in reference to the absence of gutter bumpers. So no one was exactly anything to blog home about, BUT, I started with two strikes. Yep.

The idiot thing that you do after you start a game with two strikes, especially if you are as sporadic a novice bowler as myself: you dream -- "What dance should I do after I break 200?" Of course, my aim faltered and my arm got tired and my beer got warm, so dreams were dying left and right.

As for the Luhvul bowling alley crowd, it was pretty run-of-the-mill, though a guy did forget to release his ball and went sliding into the lane on his roomy jeans shorts. Yee-haw.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home