Thursday, April 06, 2006

COME ON

ESPN amazes me.

Editor's note: ESPN.com hired Roy S. Johnson, who is not affiliated with ESPN, to review the new reality show "Bonds on Bonds" that debuted Tuesday night on ESPN.
So here's the third paragraph of Johnson's review...
It was also clear that the producers, Tollin/Robbins Productions, award-winning creators of quality films ("Radio") and television shows ("Arli$$"), would tell the story well. ESPN reportedly paid the company $4.5 million to produce the series, and it shows. (Disclosure: Tollin/Robbins partner Mike Tollin and I attended college together at Stanford, where we shared an interest in radio broadcasting and softball.)
COME ON! You go to the trouble and the show of hiring an unbiased reviewer, and you pick a buddy of the freakin' producer? It is mandatory that you are kidding me.

2 Comments:

At 9:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going to pretend that this is related, just because it's funny and I can't think of any other excuse to write it down:

Just now on NPR news, a piece on Scooter Libby-- really Lewis Libby, of course-- was reported by a woman named Libby Lewis. Cray-zay.

 
At 11:31 AM, Blogger Holly Cummings said...

I heard that! I was so confused, because I was only half-listening while driving and didn't catch the beginning of it. There should be rules against things like that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home