Wednesday, January 18, 2006

My 159-day weekend comes to a close

When I got out of college almost four years ago, I wanted to be a newspaper reporter. Reeeeeally wanted to be one. But there was nothing out there, and it was easier finding a job as an editor, which happened to be something I was good at. One coaching stint, four editing jobs and one five-month poker-playing hiatus later, my reporting career is finally about to begin.

I'm going to be a general assignment reporter for a daily newspaper in the Louisville area, publishing an average of two articles a day, five days a week. Between that and training for the marathon, I expect to be incredibly busy, after quite a long time of being not at all busy. I haven't the slightest idea how much I'll be blogging, but I should be able to come close to the occasional-short-update frequency that I've maintained for the past couple of months.

At least, I'll let you know if I've been sued for libel or if I've blown out my Achilles tendon.

Oh, and now for the REALLY good news: Our sofa is being delivered on Friday. The living room will become a little smaller but more comfortable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home