Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Today's run

Tried to do 4 miles straight, each under 7 minutes; pretty standard stuff.

Tried like hell to pace myself on the first mile but was not surprised to hit 6:15; it just irritated me because that would make it harder to break 7 on the fourth mile.

Definitely tried to pace the second mile closer to 7, and actually expected to, but it was a 6:08.

So halfway through the third mile, when I was REALLY trying to keep my pace slow, I decided, forget the fourth mile, I'm going to stretch out the rest of No. 3 and then suck wind for a solid 20 minutes on the walk back to the car. I did 6:16, putting me at 18:39 for the triple, comfortably under 20-minute 5K pace, and I staggered up the hill as two kids on Schwinns built a dirt ramp and chuckled at me.

Watched the rest of Seinfeld Season 2 on Netflix, including Larry David's angsty role in the making-of documentary. He's a real prize.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home