Monday, October 24, 2005

Autumn arrives

When I'm feeling my least clever, when I'm feeling the least like writing, feeling like the only reason I'm blogging is to let people know I'm not dead, I can always rely on alliterative post titles to provide some order in my life.

I spent most of today reading The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time, a brisk canine murder mystery narrated by an autistic British teenager. It struck a chord in me, because when the narrator's world seemed to spin out of control, his overpowering instinct was to withdraw, to hide somewhere and be silent, alone with his frighteningly sharp mathematical mind. Aside from the frighteningly sharp mathematical mind, I understand how he feels.

Plainly put, I'm having a real suck of a day. Plus, the cold weather has come on in no time at all, and I know it will be months and months and months until I feel 100% comfortable running outside.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home